Dark Mode, available in macOS Mojave or later, is a dramatic new look that's easy on your eyes and helps you focus on your work. Dark Mode uses a dark color scheme that works system wide, including with the apps that come with your Mac. And third-party apps can adopt it, too.
Turn on Dark Mode
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click General, then select one of the Appearance options at the top of the window:
Mac Os Skin For Windows 10
- Light: Use the light appearance.
- Dark: Use the dark appearance.
- Auto (available in macOS Catalina): Automatically use the light appearance during the day, and the dark appearance at night.
Disable dark mode. If you prefer, you can disable dark mode so that the message window is always white when using the black theme. The icons to switch dark mode on or off are disabled when you disable dark mode. In Outlook, go to File Options. On the General page, look for Personalize your copy of. Mac OS X Theme is a product developed by Wincustomize.This site is not directly affiliated with Wincustomize.All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners. How to Make Your Inkscape Theme Dark and Add Flat Icons On Mac OS The following are Instructions and resources for changing the theme and incons in Inkscape on Mac OS I searched high and low, forums big and small, and came up empty on this.
How Dark Mode works with some apps and features
Some apps and features have special Dark Mode settings or behaviors.
Dark Theme For Mac Os X
- Mail. To use a light background for email messages while Dark Mode is turned on, open Mail and choose Mail > Preferences, then click the Viewing tab and deselect ”Use dark backgrounds for messages.”
- Maps. To use a light background for maps while Dark Mode is turned on, click View in the menu bar in Maps, then deselect Use Dark Map.
- Notes. To use a light background for notes while Dark Mode is turned on, open Notes and choose Notes > Preferences, then deselect ”Use dark backgrounds for note content.”
- Safari. When you use Dark Mode, Safari automatically shows a website in Dark Mode if the website has been designed to support it. If the website doesn't support Dark Mode, you can use Safari Reader to read articles in Dark Mode.
- TextEdit. To use a light background for documents while Dark Mode is turned on, click View in the menu bar in TextEdit, then deselect Use Dark Background for Windows. (Requires macOS Mojave 10.14.2 or later.)
- Dynamic Desktop. If you turn on Dark Mode while using Dynamic Desktop, the desktop may change to the dark still image. You can change this setting in Desktop & Screen Saver preferences.