Safari extensions add functionality to Safari, so you can explore the web the way you want. Extensions can show helpful information about a webpage, display news headlines, help you use your favorite services, change the appearance of webpages, and much more. Extensions are a great way to personalize your browsing experience.
Firefox 11 is disabling Java plugin versions that are below version 1.6 Update 31 or between 1.7.0 and 1.7.2 for Windows computers only. Mac OS X computers are not currently affected by this Firefox update. We recommend upgrading to the newest versions of both Firefox and Java. However, administrators of Windows computers that require these.
Download the Java Plugin: Self-install download (easiest): Windows Vista / XP / 2000 Download and install (Offline Installation): Windows Vista / XP / 2000 and IE / Firefox / Mozilla / Netscape(Mac OS X: see updating / installation instructions below). If you intend to use Firefox 52 you will have the option to enable support for the Java Plugin through a setting in the Firefox configuration. This setting will become depreciated in Version 53 latest and 54 of Firefox. Please make sure that my corrections here respect the original message.
Use the App Store to conveniently download and install Safari extensions. All extensions in the App Store are reviewed, signed, and hosted by Apple for your security.
How to install extensions
Start by installing the latest macOS updates to make sure that Safari is up to date. You need Safari 12 or later to get Safari extensions from the App Store.
Find and install an extension:
- Open Safari and choose Safari > Safari Extensions from the menu bar.
- The App Store opens to the Safari Extensions page, as pictured above. To download and install an extension, click Get or click the price. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click Install.
- After the extension is installed, click Open and follow the onscreen instructions provided by the extension.
Then return to Safari to turn on the extension you installed:
- Choose Safari > Preferences.
- Click Extensions.
- Select the checkbox next to the extension's name.
All extensions installed from the App Store are automatically kept up to date.
Java Plugin Firefox For Mac Windows 10
How to turn off or uninstall extensions
Java Plugin For Firefox Download
Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Extensions.
- To turn off an extension, deselect its checkbox.
- To uninstall an extension, select the extension and click the Uninstall button. If you can't determine what an extension does, or you don't expect to use it again, you should uninstall it.
Safari no longer supports most web plug-ins. To load webpages more quickly, save energy, and strengthen security, Safari is optimized for content that uses the HTML5 web standard, which doesn't require a plug-in. To enhance and customize your browsing experience, use Safari extensions instead of web plug-ins.