Opening a Pages Format File from Mac in Microsoft Windows
Be sure to save the pages file somewhere easily accessible to Windows Explorer, then do the following:
If you use Microsoft Word on your Mac, you can save the documents you create and open them in Pages, Apple’s word processor. It’s a handy feature to use in case you can’t access Microsoft. You may need to open a Microsoft Word document in Pages if you're trying to edit documents between a PC and a Mac, and fortunately, both programs are very similar. Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. While Pages for Mac can open.docx and.doc files, Microsoft Word doesn’t recognise.pages files, making opening and editing.pages files on Windows a tough job. Print a document in Word for Mac. Before you print, it’s a good idea to preview your document to make sure that it looks the way you want. You can also specify which pages you want to print and print on both sides of the page. You can also change the orientation for specific pages or for specific sections (if your document is divided by section breaks).
- Make a copy of the .pages file as a backup in the event the file gets corrupted along the way
- Right-click on the .pages file and choose “Rename”
- Delete the “.pages” extension and replace it with “.zip” extension*, then hit the Enter key to save the extension change
- Open the newly renamed .zip file to be able to open and access the Pages format content within Microsoft Word, Office, or WordPad
Word For Mac Free
Pages For Mac Open With Word Document
* Note that you may need to have file extensions visible in Windows to be able to properly change the extension of the pages document. They may need to be made visible first through the Folder Options > View > Uncheck ‘Hide extensions for known file types’ – You can safely ignore any file extension warning change warning.