Acronis True Image 2017 for Mac. Acronis True Image 2016 for PC. Acronis True Image 2016 for Mac. Acronis True Image 2015 for PC. Acronis True Image 2015 for Mac. Acronis True Image 2014. Licensing FAQ; Download latest build; Account FAQ; MacOS High Sierra support; Documentation; Installation & Activation. Big Savings on Acronis True Image Unlimited for PC and MAC (3 Devices) get it just for $40.74. Deal Activated, no coupon code required! Big Savings on Acronis True Image Unlimited for PC and MAC (3 Devices) get it just for $40.74. Expires: No Expires. Acronis True Image 2020 - 5 PC/MAC Type System Backup Version 5 Devices Operating Systems Supported Windows & Mac OS & Android & iOS Feature The #1 Personal Backup and Cyber Protection Solution Easy, reliable backup and recovery Efficient all-in.
Using Acronis True Image 2019 and later you can duplicate all your data and make macOS bootable on your new hard drive via Disk Cloning. You can use this to migrate to a new Mac computer or to clone the system to an external HDD and have a bootable copy of the system.
Keep in mind the following limitations:
- Only an entire disk can be cloned, not selected partitions.
- Only entire disk can be selected as a destination.
- Fusion Drives are supported as a cloning source and/or destination starting from Acronis True Image 2019 Update 2 (Build 14610)
For more information about Disk Cloning Utility see product documentation.
To clone your Mac disk follow the steps below:
- If you have Parallels Desktop virtual machines running on your Mac, make sure that they are turned off.
- Make sure that the source and destination drives are connected to your Mac. If you need to connect another Mac, make sure that it is connected in target disk mode. Refer to product documentation for details.
- Open Acronis True Image. On the sidebar, click Disk Cloning
- By default, your internal system drive is pre-selected as a cloning source. If you want to change it, click the cloning source icon, and then select the drive that you want to clone.When you start the cloning operation, the destination drive will be formatted, and all of the data stored on it will be irreversibly erased. Make sure that the disk is empty or does not contain valuable data.
- Click Clone to start the cloning operation.
- If the destination disk contains data, Acronis True Image will ask for user confirmation to format the target disk. Click Format to proceed
Acronis True Image For Mac
If you have Boot Camp installed on your hard drive to use Windows in addition to MacOS, you can back up and recover the entire disk, including Boot Camp. Bootability of both operating systems will be kept.
You need to back up the hard drive where Boot Camp is installed by using Entire Mac or My Disks backup source. The backup will contain all the data stored on the drive, including the Boot Camp partition.
If you use third-party drivers to write to the NTFS file system, stable operation of such drivers is not guaranteed when a backup is in progress.
If you use Parallels Desktop software to run Windows from Boot Camp, you need to shut down the corresponding Windows virtual machine before taking the backup with Acronis. Otherwise the backup may fail or will include Boot Camp in an inconsistent, unbootable state. The reason is that Parallels Desktop does not support snapshotting of Windows running from Boot Camp: http://kb.parallels.com/en/112941
Although it is not possible to backup just the Boot Camp disk volume, it is possible to mark only Boot Camp for restoration.
When performing a recovery from an Entire Mac or a Disk backup, Boot Camp will also be restored.
If you clone a disk with Boot Camp, Boot Camp will be cloned along with other disk contents and bootability will be kept.
See Acronis True Image: How to clone a disk on Mac
Acronis True Image For Macbook Pro
Incompatibility with Windows (PC) version of Acronis True Image
Acronis True Image PC version is not compatible with Bootcamp partition. Use Acronis True Image Mac version to backup your entire Mac including the Bootcamp partition.